Thursday, March 26, 2009

KFC and Potholes=Hungry for Strategy


So, KFC is launching a societal marketing campaign to fill potholes. When I first heard this, I thought, “with their chicken? Is it that bad?”

But no, their message is freshness. And so, as convoluted boardroom logic would suggest, they are “freshening up” the asphalt around their towns. (Full story in Brandweek, HERE.)

Huh?

Chicken and pavement? Is it just me, or is that really easy to misinterpret? (Insert chicken-crossing-road jokes here.)

They could take a lesson from Goodby and Quaker, and try addressing hunger. You know, because they sell food.

(I have to give them points for even starting to think about doing "good," though.) I'm reading: KFC and Potholes=Hungry for StrategyTweet this!

No comments:

Post a Comment