Friday, February 27, 2009

You Don’t Have To Be Crispin To Get The Coen Brothers To Direct Your Commercial


Okay, this is really more like political advertising, or Cause Marketing, but still. I would kill to get the Coen bros to direct something I wrote. And as it turns out, they care about stuff! Like the environment! Let’s do some math.

Odds of a famous director shooting your commercial about a product: 1%.

Odds of a famous director shooting your commercial about a product if you’re Crispin: 2%.

Odds of a famous director shooting your commercial about a product that helps the planet in some way: 32%.

People put their talent behind causes. And if a company has a cause, then they have a leg up on attracting talent.

Read more, here.
You can see the spot here.

I love Crispin’s work as much as anyone, but this spot left me flat. I don't blame the Coen’s. (I love them more than Crispin.) I think it's because in the end this is another parody campaign. It's very appropriate for this client/cause since it's a bit of an anti-marketing message, but we've seen parodies a lot.

This, however, is brilliant:
I'm reading: You Don’t Have To Be Crispin To Get The Coen Brothers To Direct Your CommercialTweet this!

No comments:

Post a Comment